Wrinkles are a natural process of aging bit in some cases leads to folds of jawling making you look saggy. However, according to Dr. Kamani, a Vancouver-based aesthetic doctor who specializes in fat reduction, Facial revitalization and skin care, slowing down the sag can be as simple as choosing the correct skin care products.
“There are some great, medically proven topical products that can help boost collagen production, as well as vitamin C serums, which help to restore elasticity,” says Dr. Roz Kamani, “We’ve just started carrying a new one in our office—SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier.”
H.A. Intensifier is a corrective serum proven to amplify the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels. This unique formula contains a high concentration of pure hyaluronic acid, as well as botanical extracts of licorice root and purple rice to support the skin’s hyaluronic acid levels, which helps improve the visible appearance of firmness, smoothness, and facial plumpness.
“This is an ideal solution for people who use dermal fillers,” says Dr. Kamani. “Incorporating this hyaluronic acid serum into your skin care routine can help round out your daily regimen.”
Benefits of SkinCeuticals Hyaluronic Acid Intensifier
- Amplifies skin’s hyaluronic acid levels by 30%
- Reduces the look of crow’s feet, nasolabial folds (parenthesis around the mouth or laugh lines), and marionette lines (lines from the corners of the mouth down to chin) for smoother, firmer skin
- Delivers long lasting hydration to visibly improve skin’s texture
- Unique serum-gel texture format creates a smooth canvas on skin
- Paraben- and dye-free, ideal for all skin types
- Can be used as home care after having dermal fillers (always consult with a physician first)
Hyaluronic acid is a naturally occurring substance in our bodies that plays an important role in maintaining skin moisture,” explains Dr. Kamani. “With age, the skin’s ability to produce hyaluronic acid decreases. Production starts to decline in the 20s and this decline accelerates in the 40s. Decreased production and rapid degradation of hyaluronic acid contributes to the signs of aging, including decreased firmness, less facial plumpness, and rough texture.”
In a 12-week clinical study, H.A. Intensifier significantly improved the appearance of key aging indicators:
- 23% improvement in plumpness
- 9% decrease in sagginess
- 11% improvement in firmness
- 13% improvement in elasticity
- 18% improvement in texture
“The product is easy to use,” explains Dr. Kamani. “Just apply 4 to 6 drops in your palm and apply to the face, using swift outward motions, twice a day. When you’re applying it in the morning, remember to use in conjunction with a good sunblock.”
Watch out for our next blog on “The Top Model Look” using Juvederm and Botox!